Hands on Time: 10-12 minutes
Baking Time: 12-15 mintues
Total Time: Up to 7 days!
Yield: 36 rolls
Keep this dough in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and bake fresh for dinner.
- 2 cups very warm water (about 150°F)
- 1/3 cup honey or sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine, vegetable or olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 3-1/2 cups WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 3-1/2 cups WEM All Purpose Flour
- In large mixing bowl, stir together honey or sugar and oil.
- Add egg, salt, yeast and warm water.
- Stir in whole wheat flour, mixing well.
- Mix in all purpose flour to make a moderately sticky dough; mixing with your hands using a kneading motion in the mixing bowl.
- Place in an oiled or sprayed bowl with a tight fitting lid, turning over once to coat dough with oil.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or for up to 7 days.
- To bake, take desired amount of dough out of refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- To prepare rolls, pinch off walnut size pieces of dough and form into balls with buttered hands.
- Grease muffin pans, baking pan or baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place dough in pan. Rolls will have soft sides if placed close together, crusty if spread apart.
- Cover, set in warm place and let rise about 1-1/2 hours or until double in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, brush tops with butter and remove from pan.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve fresh out of the oven with your main dinner coarse!