Baking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30-35 minutes
Yield: 14, 5 X 1 inch bars
Chewy, crunchy and whole grain good!
- 1 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup WEM All-Purpose (unbleached) Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit bits or a combination of raisins, chopped dried apricots, apples, prunes, etc
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup (1 stick)butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium size bowl, stir together flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, cream butter and honey together with a large fork.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir into flour mixture, fold in fruit and nuts.
- Coat a 7 X 11 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread batter into pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and cut in half lengthwise, then in 1 inch slices across.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Great addition to any lunch box!