Hands on Time: 12 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 27-30 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
Black pepper adds a subtle punch to this cornbread. It’s made extra creamy with the corn and eggs.
Here’s what you will need:
- 2 cups War Eagle Cornbread Mix
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Stir ¼ teaspoon salt into 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a blender or food processor, puree the corn and milk.
- Add the honey or sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and eggs. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the cornbread mix and pepper
- Pour egg and corn mixture into dry ingredients stirring until moistened.
- Coat an 11 X 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and brush with the butter salt mixture. Serve warm.