Hands on Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 10-Jul
Total Time: 17 minutes
Yield: 15 pones
Also called Corn Dodgers, Johnny Cakes, Journey Cakes and Hoe Cakes! No need to heat the oven up for this one.
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 ½ cups WEM Stone Ground Yellow or White Cornmeal
- ½ cup WEM All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk*
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients
- Stir in milk, egg and honey.
- Coat a skillet or griddle with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Heat griddle to medium hot on stove top.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto hot griddle.
- Fry until brown, turning twice.
- Serve hot!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
*Use skim milk for a lower fat version. Tastes great!