Baking Time: 8-10 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
This is a very old American cookie recipe with a delicate spice flavor and a cornmeal crunch.
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup WEM Yellow, Blue or White Cornmeal
- 1 cup WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, cream together milk, butter, eggs and sugar.
- In medium size bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients.
- Fold in raisins.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on rack and store in airtight container.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Substitute golden raisins, dried cranberries or cherries for raisins.