Baking Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1- 10 inch pie
Servings: 8 to 10
Warm, traditional comfort food made simple!
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped coarsely
- 1-16 ounce pkg frozen, mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1-10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup WEM Biscuit Mix
- 2 Tbs melted butter or vegetable oil
- 6 Tbs water
- 1/4 tsp celery seed or poppy seed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 10 inch deep dish casserole or pie pan with cooking spray.
- . Mix together chicken, vegetables, soup, sour cream, and basil.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together biscuit mix, butter, and water.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead gently about 1 minute.
- Roll or pat out to a 10 inch round.
- Gently, fold dough over itself and lift onto chicken mixture. Unfold.
- Press dough against edges of pan and flute like pie dough.
- Sprinkle top with seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.