Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 35-40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
Carrots add extra flavor, color and nutrition to this tasty cornbread!
- Spray or oil an 8-10 inch cast iron skillet, baking pan or 12 cup muffin tin.
- Place in oven and preheat to 375°F.
- Beat 1 egg lightly in medium size bowl.
- Grate carrots.
- Add carrots, milk, orange juice concentrate, honey or sugar, melted butter or oil to beaten egg.
- In a small bowl, stir dry ingredients together.
- Add to carrot/egg mix blending well.
- When oven reaches temperature and pan is hot, remove from oven.
- Spoon in batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (20-25 minutes for muffins) or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.