Hands on Time: 7-10 minutes
Baking Time: 5 minutes per waffle
Yield: 5, 7-inch waffles
Wheat and Gluten Free! Oh, and delicious!
- 1-1/2 cups WEM Organic Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 cup WEM Organic Soy Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Splenda No Calorie Sweetner or sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or your choice of oil
- 1-3/4 cups milk (low or no fat is fine) or soy milk
- In medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- In small bowl, beat egg. Add oil and milk.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients mixing to combine.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/2 cup batter into waffle iron (or the appropriate amount for your iron).
- Cook until golden brown
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve hot with your favorite syrup, honey, sorghum, butter, jam or fresh fruit and whipped cream.