Hands on Time: 7 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 22-25 minutes
Yield: 15 biscuits
The aroma and taste of these very nutritious biscuits is exotic and delicious!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 cup WEM Buckwheat Flour
- 1 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Cut in butter or oil with a pastry cutter or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. (This can also be done in a food processor but be careful not to over process. Usually about 5 pulses will do.)
- Stir in buttermilk with a fork.
- Turn out on a floured surface, folding once.
- Roll or pat out 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with a floured biscuit cutter or cut in squares with a sharp knife.
- Place on un-greased shallow pan .
- Bake about 15 minutes or until browned.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Leftover biscuits? Split, butter and toast until crispy in a 275 degree oven or on a medium hot griddle. Wonderful on a fruit and cheese tray!