Baking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Use blue cornmeal for colorful full moon cookies or yellow cornmeal for golden moons. These buttery good cookies have an extra crispy crunch!
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup WEM Blue or Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (zest), finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, egg and sugar by hand or with electric mixer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture until moistened.
- Pinch off about 1 1/2 tablespoons dough and roll into balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart. With your palm or the bottom of a drinking glass, flatten to 3/4 inch thick.
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Transfer to rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans are a nice addition.