Baking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 8 to 12
Topped with oats and wheat germ-scrumptions! This lowfat recipe uses fresh or frozen blueberries, one of natures most delicious anti-oxidents. Visit your Farmer’s Market to find local blueberries.
- 1 cup WEM ALL-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup WEM Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon WEM Wheat Germ
- Mix topping ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9 inch round or square cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, salt and soda.
- In medium size bowl, beat together the yogurt, milk, egg plus whites, oil and vanilla.
- Stir into flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle on topping.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted come out clean.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Delicious served warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.