Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 12-15 minutes for all pancakes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12-16 pancakes
A Southwest specialty served in Sante Fe and Taos Inns.
- 1 cup WEM Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup WEM White Whole Wheat or WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In medium size bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add milk, egg, oil, and blueberries to dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Oil and heat griddle to medium low.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls on to griddle.
- Flip when surface is covered with bubbles and cook another 1-2 minutes on second side
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, honey or jam.