Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 10-15 minutes flor all cakes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 15 pancakes
Delicious and well worth the effort!
- 2 cups WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream (lowfat is fine) or plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup honey, sorghum or brown sugar
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, whisk in the sour cream, milk, honey or sugar and mashed banana.
- Stir into the dry ingredients mixing just until blended.
- Drop by 1/4 cupful on lightly oiled or sprayed griddle over medium-low heat.
- Flip pancakes when bubbles appear on surface.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes on second side.
- Stack and keep warm until all pancakes are finished cooking.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve hot with butter,maple syrup, honey or fresh fruit.