Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 12-15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12-15 biscuits
These biscuits have a wonderful aroma and subtle banana taste!
- 2 cups War Eagle Biscuit Mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Peel and mash banana.
- Chop pecans
- In a medium size bowl, combine biscuit mix, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients with your hands, a pastry blender or two table knives, until the texture of dry oatmeal. (This can also be done in a food processor but be careful not to over process. Usually about 5 pulses will do.)
- Stir in egg, banana, buttermilk and pecans.
- Mix until dough forms a ball. Dough will be soft.
- Turn out on floured board, sprinkle with flour and knead about four times.
- Roll or pat to ½ inch thickness. Use round biscuit cutter or slice squares with a sharp knife.
- Place biscuits close together on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
For soft sided biscuits place on baking sheet touching each other. For crusty biscuits place at least one inch apart.