Hands on Time: 7-10 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10-12, 2 inch biscuits
Lovely, sweet and very fresh taste!
- 2 cups WEM Biscuit Mix
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chop apricots and pecans.
- Mix together biscuit mix and ¼ cup sugar.
- Cut butter or oil into dry ingredients using a pastry cutter or your fingers until mix resembles very coarse meal. (This can also be done in a food processor but be careful not to over process. Usually about 5 pulses will) do.
- Stir in apricots and pecans.
- Stir in water, mixing just until moistened.
- Turn out on lightly floured board and knead two or three times.
- Cut with a floured biscuit cutter or cut in squares with a sharp knife.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place biscuits 2 inches apart on baking sheet
- Brush biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle sugar on top.