Hands on Time: 12-15 minutes
Baking Time: 5-7 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 12- 15 pancakes
So good for breakfast, brunch or spread with peanut butter for a hearty snack. If you have been looking for a whole wheat pancake recipe that is moist and fluffy–this one is a winner.
- 1 small, sweet apple
- 1 cup WEM Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine oats and milk. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Peel, core and finely chop the apple.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and egg white and stir in oil.
- Mix into dry ingredients along with the oat mixture and apples. Stir just until mixed.
- On lightly oiled griddle over medium-low heat, drop by 1/4 cupfuls.
- Cook until covered with air bubbles. Flip and cook other side.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, honey, sorghum, cream cheese or fresh fruit or any of the WEM Fruit Jams or spreads available.