Hands on Time: 12-15 minutes
Baking Time: 5-7 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 12- 15 pancakes
So good for breakfast, brunch or spread with peanut butter for a hearty snack. If you have been looking for a whole wheat pancake recipe that is moist and fluffy–this one is a winner.
- In a small bowl, combine oats and milk. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Peel, core and finely chop the apple.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and egg white and stir in oil.
- Mix into dry ingredients along with the oat mixture and apples. Stir just until mixed.
- On lightly oiled griddle over medium-low heat, drop by 1/4 cupfuls.
- Cook until covered with air bubbles. Flip and cook other side.