Hands on Time: 15-20 minutes
Baking Time: 45-50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups War Eagle Mill Biscuit Mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cooking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium bowl, combine War Eagle Mill Biscuit Mix, sugar and milk.
- Pour into a 9 x 11-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray
- Place apple slices on top of batter and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples and pour boiling water over all. Do not stir.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and apples are done.
- Serve warm as a breakfast sweet!