Hands on Time: 5-10 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12-15 Cornsticks
A real party pleaser!
- 1/2 cup room tempurature beer
- 2 cups WEM Cornbread Mix
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, corn, vegetable or olive oil.
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 jalapenos (1-½ tablespoons), seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup grated Monterrey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a cast-iron corn stick pan in the oven to preheat also.
- In medium bowl, stir together Cornbread Mix, baking soda, and sugar. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Add egg, butter or oil, buttermilk and beer. Mix just until moistened.
- Fold in cheese.
- Remove hot pan from oven and coat well with cooking spray.
- Spoon in batter.
- . Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
An 8-10 inch cast iron skillet or 9 inch square baking pan will work if you don’t have a corn stick pan.