Baking Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Servings: 8 to 10
A dessert that just can’t be surpassed!
- 1 recipe Pie Crust
- 6 cups (4-6 apples) thinly sliced tart cooking apples-Granny Smith, jonathan, red rome, fuji or gala
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons WEM Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- Peel and slice apples and place into a large bowl. Add lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Sprinkle over apples and toss gently.
- Pour apples into prepared bottom crust in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Roll out top crust and place on top of fruit
- Seal top crust to bottom crust by crimping edges with fingers or by pressing with the tines of a fork.
- Cut slits in top crust for vents.
- Brush top crust and edges with skim milk.
- Bake on bottom oven rack for 10 minutes, then lower heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool and slice.