The internet offers many resources for checking on issues related to healthy choices. Please note that these internet links can change, go offline and even have different viewpoints on the same issues. War Eagle Mill does not endorse any particular websites, but we do want you to have access to a wide variety of information on our favorite topic — a healthy, happy you.
Health links that we have found useful:
- Family Health and Nutrition. Askdrsears.com is a fantastic resource for parents. This website is operated by three pediatricians and a nurse. Covers everything about raising healthy kids in a wonderfully searchable format.
- Nutrition.gov. This website from the USDA provides easy, online access to government information on food and human nutrition for consumers.
- Fitness.gov. This site provides assists you in finding out how you can start a physical activity program today, and stay active and fit for life.
- The Food and Nutrition Information Center. This site is the on-line version of the USDA’s Food and Nutrition Information Center. This site provides credible, accurate, and practical resources for nutrition and health professionals, educators, government personnel and consumers.
- Steps to a Healthier You. One size doesn’t fit all. The website USDA’s MyPyramid.org offers personalized eating plans and interactive tools to help you plan and assess your food choices based on their Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Whole Grain Goodness the War Eagle Way
We feel our 100% natural whole grain products, which include the grain germ, cannot be surpassed for flavor and nutrition by any flour or meal on the market.
The most natural whole grains are ones that are grown and processed according to Organic Standards–regulated by the USDA. War Eagle Mill’s facilities are inspected and certified to process organic grains, and we utilize natural organic grains in our flours, meals and mixes.
Not all production processes are equal. The whole grain we mill into flours and meal is alive, and would sprout if you planted it. To protect these delicate living whole grains, War Eagle Mill utilizes stone burhs and keeps them turning at a slow pace in order to preserve the natural oils, vitamins and minerals found in whole grains. Modern mills run too fast, heating the grains to the point that their nutrients and natural oils begin to be damaged, shortening the flour’s shelf-life.
War Eagle Mill does not add any preservatives to our whole grain products, so it is always best to refrigerate or freeze your grains, flours, meals and mixes in an airtight container to best preserve the product’s freshness and nutritional content.