Did you know that September is “Better Breakfast Month”? Well, now you do! It’s a month to remind us that every day should start with a better, healthier breakfast to keep us going strong all morning long. If today’s breakfast wasn’t so great, don’t beat yourself up, just plan to make tomorrow’s Better. Here’s an easy recipe that guarantees, no matter how busy your morning, you’ve got a tasty whole grain breakfast waiting for you. Grab your favorite jar or bowl, some Organic Thick Rolled Oats, greek yogurt and Organic Flaxseed and whoala! Breakfast on the go!
Easy No-Cook Overnight Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup War Eagle Mill Organic Thick Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk (soy, almond, rice, coconut, will work great)
- 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt, plain or fruit flavored. I chose blueberry Greek yogurt.
- 1 tsp War Eagle Mill Organic Flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp your choice of flavoring : cinnamon, vanilla, almond extract, cocoa, lemon juice/zest). I chose lemon juice.
- 1 tsp, your choice of sweetener : honey, maple syrup, stevia, fruit only spread) (can omit if using sweetened yogurt like I did)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of your choice of diced fresh, frozen or dried fruit*
- 1 Tbsp chopped nuts (optional)
Grab your favorite mason jar and pour in milk and oats. Top it with fruity yogurt. I used blueberry Greek yogurt.
Add in your favorite diced fruit. I added more fresh blueberries and some strawberries. Then sprinkle in some flaxseed.
Cover jar with lid and shake ingredients together. Refrigerate overnight. In the morning, add fruit and stir to combine. Eat from jar or pour into a bowl for easier eating!
Millie’s 2 Cents
Most fruits (especially dried) can be added the night before. Try it both ways and see which you prefer.
A Special Thanks to Jacob Farquharson for photographing my oatmeal!